Call for abstracts open:
21 November 2018
5 December 2018
Call for abstracts close:
1 March 2019
Program Publication &
3 April 2019
Early Bird Registration closes:
17 April 2019
Author Acceptance closes:
17 April 2019
Thursday 27 to Saturday 29 June 2019
PO Box 7345
Beaumaris VIC 3193
Email the Conference Manager
or call on 1300 941 480
The call for abstracts is now closed. Authors will be notified of the outcome of their submission by 3 April 2019.
With the theme Asking the hard questions, the RSA 2019 Annual Conference program will comprise of invited plenary speakers, workshops, poster sessions and two concurrent sessions designed to offer comprehensive presentations addressing current issues in renal care.
Abstracts can be submitted for the following presentation types:
Oral Presentation: Each accepted oral presentation will be allocated 15 minutes, including 3 minutes question and answer time.
Poster Presentation: A formal graphic presentation of a topic. Sessions times will be organised for presenters to be at their posters to discuss their work and receive feedback. Posters should be no larger than A0 size (84.1cm wide × 118.9cm high) and portrait orientation. A poster printing service will be available for the conference. Further details will be provided to accepted poster presenters in April 2019.
The Submission Process
The following details must be provided when submitting an abstract for consideration:
- Contact details for the submitting author (this should also be the presenter)
- Title, first name, surname, affiliation, state and country for any co-authors
- Abstract title
- Abstract (250 words max.)
- Requested presentation type (oral or poster)
- Biography of presenter
- Headshot photograph of presenter (not mandatory)
The conference aims to cover the below themes and sub-themes:
RSA Annual Conference Awards
Presenters at the RSA Annual Conference are eligible for the following conference awards, with a total value of nearly $4,000:
Best abstract – AU$500
Best paper – novice AU$500
Best paper – advanced AU$500
Best paper – research AU$500
Best poster – AU$500
People’s choice award – paper AU$200
People’s choice award – poster AU$200
Environmental Research Prize – AU$1,000 Guidelines I Suggested topics
- Best abstract is the abstract that receives the highest score by the Scientific Committee.
- Best paper and poster award recipients are selected by a panel of adjudicators.
- People’s choice awards are decided by delegate votes.
- Awards will be presented on the final day of the Annual Conference - Saturday 29 June 2019.