Reduced HECS fees for Postgraduate Nursing Specialisations
The University of Tasmania (UTas) and the Renal Society of Australasia (RSA) have partnered to offer postgraduate nursing study on a scholarship basis to RSA members who live in Australia.
As a member of RSA, you are eligible to study the following specialisations within the Bachelor of Nursing and Professional Honours (Specialisation) H4F on a 50% HECS scholarship* if you begin your study in Semester 1 2021. Specialisations available to RSA members under this scholarship are:
- Renal Nursing
- Leadership in Practice (Semester 1 entry only)
The courses are part time (over two years or four semesters) and fully online.
As an RSA member you are eligible to enrol in the Bachelor of Nursing with Professional Honours (Specialisation) H4F, and will be given the option to graduate with:
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing (Specialisation) H5F;
- Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Specialisation) H6F; or
- Bachelor of Nursing with Professional Honours (Specialisation) H4F.
Successful completion of H4F or H6F will enable you to articulate to a Masters program, should you wish to continue your higher education studies.
Many RSA members have already taken advantage of this exclusive offer, and are well on their way to furthering their renal nursing careers.
The specialisation will develop your knowledge, assessment and clinical decision making skills by:
- Providing you with specialist knowledge and skills required to practice in the renal field
- Developing your understanding of patient needs
- Developing your skills in describing and analysing evidence based interventions applied to specialist situations, and
- Challenging practice assumptions through case based learning and clinical discussions.
In order to apply for a scholarship, you will need to be a Registered Nurse in Australia, and have had at least six months' full time experience in a renal nursing environment within the last five years.
You also need to be a financial member of the RSA, and remain a member for the duration of your studies. Proof of membership must be provided to UTas upon application, in the form of a copy of your latest paid membership invoice.
Please note that distance and/or part-time study is not available to international students in Australia studying on a student visa.
Go to www.utas.edu.au/health/study/partners/rsa-member-scholarships for further information, including:
- Entry requirements
- Scholarship eligibility
- Course fees
- How to apply
Please note that all applications must be submitted to the University, not to the RSA.
Enquiries may be directed to U.Connect@utas.edu.au or phone 1300 361 928.
* Due to government funding changes in higher education, enrolments for postgraduate specialisation in Renal Nursing for Semester 1 2019, and beyond, will no longer receive a 100% HECS scholarship, but will instead receive a reduced HECS fee scholarship.
Interested in teaching or reviewing the UTas postgraduate renal nursing courses?
UTas invites expressions of interest from members who are suitably qualified and experienced for casual academic teaching positions, or participation in the community of practice to review the course content. For more information or to express your interest, fill in the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/zpo7CxaKhuUtdRD23
Living in New Zealand?
Due to University regulations, RSA members living in NZ are not eligible for the above offer. Funding for postgraduate nursing studies is available for eligible candidates from Health Workforce New Zealand. This funding is administered via your District Health Board. Please contact your local DHB for further information.